Noordhoek is a tranquil coastal village with a spectacular beach offering 8 km of white sand, and a country charm. Our Cape Town lodge is situated at the foot of the Table Mountain National park halfway between Cape Town city centre and Cape Point. The charm of Noordhoek is that it is the last bit of countryside in the Peninsula, where our guests enjoy the peace and tranquillity of our small holiday resort in Cape Town but find that we are conveniently situated for touring all of the attractions of Cape Town.
The Table Mountain cableway and famous V&A Waterfront are reached within 30 minutes' drive by a convenient highway. Noordhoek is reached by some of the most spectacular scenic drives, including Chapman's Peak drive, said to be one of the most beautiful in the world; Ou Kaapse Weg (Old Cape Road) over the mountains from the M3 highway; or the scenic coastal road through picturesque beach suburbs including Muizenberg, St James, Kalk Bay and Fish Hoek The warmer water beaches of Fish Hoek and Simonstown are just a few minutes' drive from our self-catering Cape Town holiday accommodation
Noordhoek nestles at the foot of the Table Mountain National park which offers scenic walks or hikes from which you enjoy lovely views of the bay. Its location ensures that Noordhoek enjoys more hours of sunshine than anywhere in Cape Town; with its country village ambiance, clear skies and favourable light, many artists have made their home and studios here. There is a good selection of country restaurants, pubs and shops located both in the village and nearby.
Local attractions include :
- Noordhoek long beach - 8 km of pristine white sand; ideal for surfing, kite surfing or just strolling to the shipwreck on the sands.
- Noordhoek farm village; a lively thatched yesteryear complex containing country restaurants, a children's playground and a number of interesting shops and galleries.
- Silvermine and Table Mountain nature reserve with scenic walks or hikes and spectacular views of False bay.
- Whale watching in the Winter and Spring months
- Imhoff's Gift , Kommetjie, an 18 th Century farm stall complex and cheese factory on the Kommetjie road to Cape Point, where you can enjoy camel or donkey rides, or a variety of restaurants.
- Horse riding on Noordhoek beach is offered on several neighbouring farms.
- Simonstown, Naval base and seafaring town with its "Historic Mile " of beautifully preserved historic buildings dating from 17th Century Dutch to Victorian, and the Boulders Beach African penguin colony.
- Cape Point Nature Reserve where you can see the 2 Oceans meet in a spectacular clash and watch a variety of plains game.